Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mt Kinabalu - Day 2 (Part 3)

Continuing on the Summit Trail..




I finally see Laban Rata in sight!


A moment of reflection of how the day has unfolded..


(That's sandwich stuffed in his mouth! Beats me what he was thinking.. :p)


Gladfully seek warmth in the only heated place - Laban Rata.

We put up the night at a non-heated accommodation, about 15minutes hike away from Laban Rata, called Gunting Lagadan. Whilst waiting for the rest to arrive at Laban Rata (where all our meals are held), abiding to the veteran's advice, I took the opportunity to take advantage of body heat to steal a shower at Laban Rata. I was banking on the hope that there is still hot water supply when I take a quick rinse, but luck wasn't on my side. Brrrrr... coollldd coolldd water!!

Kitchen closes at 7pm. We arrived there early enough to have an unhurried sunset dinner. At that elevation, sunset was amazing... the sky was saturatedly colourful and we are above the clouds!!




It feels like we are on heaven :) - 14th February 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment