Monday, May 24, 2010

Back Under the Sea

09th May 2010

Waking up in the mornings at the beach is one of the most magical moments of the day. The soft lapping of the sea, the cheery chirps of the birds and a beautiful sight that greets before you.... BLISS!

As much as we were served by warm friendly hosts, we were more than happy to pack our bags and head to Berjaya Tioman Resort, where we will spend the rest of our nights there.
Thank you Norman's uncle for your kind generosity... (may you rest in peace)
One night with the mosquitoes, ants and crockroaches is more than enough... thank you!

The moment has come. After 2.5 years since my last dive in Perhentian Kecil, it was mandatory that I did a check dive before making my maiden plunge. 15 minutes later, I was estatic! The mere sensation of having suited up with the gears and going through the essential techniques at sea, brought back memories of the indescribable joy and sheer excitement I gained from diving. I couldn't wait till I make my first comeback in the afternoon.

Lunch break saw both Norman and I feasting on good ol' beach food.

Tioman Club Sandwich + Fries

Red Cabbage & Apple Slaw Salad

Oh yeah... and of course, the mandatory ice-cream when one is at the seaside! ;)
Yam & Vanilla Beach Sundae

As we strolled hand-in-hand back towards the dive center again, I peeked through my sunnies at the person beside me. I still looked at him in disbelief, trying to comprehend with the fact that he was actually really undergoing the Open Water Divers Course! This gentle giant is actually afraid of water... really afraid. No doubt this is taking him out of his comfort zone.

Is he doing this for me... or is he doing this to feed his 'guy's ego'? Hmmm....

SPLASH!! I logged in my first dive at 2.56pm @ Renggis Island.
Total bottom time: 56 minutes
Visibility: 18m
Temperature: 29-30 deg C
Weather conditions: Calm
Highlights: 3x turtles (swim, sleep, feeding), sighted a resident shark, lots of clownfishes amidst soft corals, damsels, angelfish, surgeons.. sea urchins aplenty.

It was a wonderful, WONDERFUL comeback.....

That night, I went to bed with a smile of utter contentment... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment